Friday, November 18, 2011

Family Counsels

     This week in class we talked about counsels and the proper way to hold them. I have had many church callings and have participated in some family counsels. Looking back on each and every one of them I have never had an actual counsel. After learning how the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve Apostles meet every week and how they conduct counsels was eye opening.
     First they come and greet each other and genuinely show their love for one another. Then they begin with a prayer and invite the Spirit to help them come to the conclusion of God's will. Then they each go around and give their views on the topic and what should be done. They keep going around until they all have come to a consensus. After they have discussed everything they need they end with a prayer to ask for God's help in carrying out God's will. After they talk to each other and again express their love and concern for one another.  
     How great would this be if a family were to adopt this and use it in their family counsels? Not only would they be a closer knit family but they would be spiritually strengthening each other to withstand the temptations of the world. This is something that I want to make sure I do in my own family.   

No comments:

Post a Comment