Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Family Finances

     As an engaged couple is starting to plan out the rest of their lives they should include talking and planning their money management. Most marriages end up in divorce because of money problems. As a couple starts their combined lives they need to make sure they plan for when they begin to expand their family. 
     One way they can involve their children in family finances is how to manage the money they receive. One of the most important ways to do this is to stress the importance of paying tithing. When parents teach children about why it is important to pay tithing children grow up with this principle instilled in them. 
     This is what my parents did--when I was younger my parents gave us an allowance for completing chores and they would sit down with us and help us figure out how much we owed for tithing. Since my parents did this when I got older when I received money from different sources the first thing I did was to set aside money for tithing. I don't have a problem paying tithing because it is something that I have always done and I can see the blessings of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment